Trinity Highway Products manufactures a full range of
Highway posts such as the Steel Yielding Terminal Post™ and the Hinged Break-Away Post®.
Each model provides distinct advantages for highway use.
The Hinged Break-Away (HBA®) post is a two-piece steel post manufactured
for use with the ET-Plus®, SRT®, and TREND™ 350 families of products. When impacted in the longitudinal direction,
within NCHRP Report 350 criteria, the HBA Post's lower 3/8" bolts shear, allowing the upper post to freely rotate about
the 3/4" diameter bolts in the lower, ground-mounted base.
- Can be substituted for wood posts.
- Drivable into most soils.
- Galvanized steel.
- NCHRP Report 350 Test Level 2 and Test Level 3 compliant.
Assembly and Repair Advantages:
- The HBA® Post has the potential to be reused after impact. The ultimate decision of reusability rests with the specifying transportation authority
To repair, return the post to the original upright position and replace the shear bolts.
- HBA® Post eliminates the need for soil plates and tube sleeves.
The Steel Yielding Terminal Post (SYTP™) is an innovative steel post configuration that can be utilized in the ET-Plus®
, SRT®, SoftStop™, and TREND™ 350 family of products.The post is made of standard material with shop-fabricated holes.
SYTP™ is NCHRP Report 350 Test Level 2 and Test Level 3 compliant.
Trinity offers a retrofit option to replace CRT wood posts in tube sleeves with the SYTP™. A High Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
Spacer Block in combination with a W6 x 8.5 lb. (W150 x 13) SYTP™ can replace a broken CRT wood post in an existing 8" x 6" (203 mm x 152 mm)
tube sleeve.The retrofit option allows for easier maintenance after impact and eliminates removal problems associated with wood post remnants in steel
sleeves.This innovative post option is also available for new installations as well.
- Yielding action minimizes roadside debris often found with conventional wood post options.
- Reduction in parts inventory.
- Galvanized steel reduces issues associated with wood posts caused by weather.
- Recycled steel offers environmentally sound options as compared to chemically treated wood posts.
- NCHRP Report 350 Test Level 3 compliant.
Features of Retrofit:
- Eliminates hard to remove broken and swollen wood posts in tube sleeves.
- Reduces maintenance time.
- HDPE Spacer Block and SYTP™ made from recycled material.